Waxing is a safe, economical and reliable way of removing body hair. Unlike shaving, a good wax can keep that unwanted body hair away for as long as 6 weeks. By adding waxing to your beauty regime, you will make your skin glow with radiance while feeling smooth, fresh and clean.
Types of waxing
There are two methods of waxing—cold and hot. Both methods involve the application of wax on the skin and its removal using cloth strips. Cold wax is directly applied to the skin and then removed, while hot wax is applied and removed using cloth strips. In general, hot wax is the right choice if you want to remove hard, thick hair.
- Smooth and even skin. One of the best benefits of waxing is that your skin will feel smooth and even. When waxing, you not only remove unwanted hair—you also wax away any dry and dead skin cells in the process!
- No cuts or bruises. With waxing, you aren’t at risk to any cuts or nicks that can leave you with scars. This is good news, especially for those who have skin that is susceptible to discoloration due to even the slightest cut.
- Stubble free skin – Waxing removes unwanted hair completely, from its roots. Shaving, on the other hand, often results in stubbles, leaving your skin feeling rough and abrasive.
- Irritation and allergies-free. There are minimal chemicals involved in the waxing process, so rarely does waxing cause any skin irritation or allergy.
- Slow hair re-growth. After waxing, the regrowth of your hair is very slow, often taking 4 to 6 weeks. As well, many say that they have found their hair to be finer, after the regrowth.